- Harvest: Spring 2023
- Oxidation: 100%
- Production: Pile Fermented for 40 Days
- Farming: Traditional Farming, No Fertilizers
A black tea like no other, enjoyable and preferred without cream and sugar, and easy to steep, From the Yunnan province that has cultivated tea for nearly 1,700 years. This tea is nearly completely comprised of golden tips which produces a delicious, peppery, brisk infusion. Fermented for 40 days, the whitish early tips of the tea plant turn golden in color through the fermentation process. Caramelized honey tones, and a thick peppery earthiness.
- 5g or 1.5Tbsp | 8oz. @ 205˚F | 1 minute
- May be re-steeped multiple times
- Use a porcelain or yixing teapot.
- Drain completely and serve
Tasting Notes (1/27/2021):
The first sip has a bright, subtle, citrus note, with a robust, malty body. The finish is refreshing and clean, leaving a sweet caramel-like taste in the back of the mouth.