- Harvest: Spring 2021
- Oxidation: 40-50%
- Production: Charcoal Roast
- Farming: Organic Farming
While most organic teas are grown on flat, low lying areas, the source of this organic Tieguanyin is unique. Raised in high elevation, steep hillsides of Anxi—this tea’s original terroir—High Mountain Tieguanyin is organically grown. The high elevations ensures lack of aerial or water pollution that low lying organic teas are subject to. The difficult terrain produces unusually small harvests, making this tea quite rare. Medium roasting yields a beautifully complex liquid, as toasty butterscotch offsets flavors of deeply cooked fruits and fine wine.
- 5g or 1.5Tbsp | 8oz. @ 205˚F | 1 minute
- May be re-steeped multiple times.
- Use a porcelain or yixing teapot.
- Drain completely and serve