- Harvest: Spring 2019
- Production: Shade Grown for 20 days, Steamed
- Oxidation: Unoxidized
- Farming: No Chemical Fertilizers or Pesticides
Shade growing encourages these Gyokuro (“Pearl Dew”) leaves to produce higher concentrations of theanine and chlorophyll in their search for sunlight, giving the finished green tea pronounced, broth-like umami depths and reducing its natural astringency. As the stored tea matures from May through September, it becomes sweeter, richer and more buttery with each passing month.
- 4g or 1T | 8oz. @ 170˚F | 45 seconds
- Use a glass or porcelain teapot. Drain completely and serve.
- May be re-infused 5 or more times.