- Elevation: Variable, 1,400-1,600 Meters
- Varietal: Pu-erh Arbor
- Oxidation: Raw, Sun Dried
- Production: Pressed into Bing in 2015, or flat disc
- Caffeine: Medium
Indigenous tribal peoples of Yunnan forage these leaves from 300+ year old trees in the unadulterated forests of Lao Man Er of Bulang Mountain in Menghai. We have specially commissioned this extraordinary tea of the Spring 2015 harvest.
A powerful experience to appreciate now, we encourage you to allow this tea to rest even further and enjoy its transformation. This young sheng pu-erh is especially strong at this age. We find this cake to be a supreme candidate for long term aging, as its powerful front and lasting mouthfeel will yield to increasing complexity, sweetness, and smoothness over the coming years. As rare collector's items, pu-erh destined for long term aging will appreciate in value over time.
- 6g or 1.5Tbsp | 8oz. @ 205˚F | 30 seconds
- First steeping 25-30 seconds, then do appx 10-15 second steepings for next few steepings.
- As tea fades with steepings, may steep longer to taste.
- May be re-steeped multiple times.
- Use a porcelain or YiXing teapot.
- Drain completely and serve.