- Harvest: Spring 2022
- Elevation: 300-400 meters
- Varietal: Longling, Original Seeded
- Oxidation: Unoxidized
- Production: Hand Fired in a Wok
- Farming: Traditional Farming
The very first pick of the season! Our Pre-Ming Dragonwell is one of the most exclusive teas of the Spring harvest
Once exclusively given in tribute to emperors, our Dragonwell pays homage to the storied sophistication of this imperial tea. Pre-Ming Dragonwell (Longjing) is hand-harvested in its true place of origin, the West Lake region of Hangzhou near an eponymous well said to have water so dense, trapped rainwater danced on its surface like China’s fabled dragons. Harvested before the spring rains in early April, artisans wok-sear only 100g of leaves at a time to ensure superb flavor. While its origins remain mysterious, the rich complexity of its fresh aroma, toasted nutty notes and lingering sweetness are readily revealed in every exceptional cup.
- 5g or 1.5Tbsp | 8oz. @ 175˚F | 45 seconds
- May be re-steeped multiple times.
- Use a glass or porcelain teapot.
- Drain completely and serve.