- Harvest: Spring 2022
- Elevation: 1000-1400 Meters
- Production: Hand oxidized, finish baking by charcoal heated pans
- Oxidation: 30-40%
- Caffeine: Medium
鳳凰單叢高山鴨屎香 Don’t let its name fool you! This Ya Sai, meaning duck poop, has this unusual fragrance of mellow but sweet honeysuckle, followed by a note of buttery almond cream. From the misty Phoenix Mountain of Guangdong, China.
Our Honeysuckle Ya Sai High Mountain comes from a single grove, grown and harvested 1000-1400 meters above sea level. This tea surpasses other Phoenix Oolongs with its unusual sweetness of honeysuckle and a hint of almond butter. In pursuit of that naturally sweet character, we had it custom-roasted for only 5 hours under low heat, bringing forth the essence of its beautiful fragrance and mellow profile. This light-roasted batch of Phoenix Honeysuckle Ya Sai High Mountain is only available at Teance.
- 6g or 2Tbsp | 8oz. @ 195˚F | 45 seconds
Gong Fu style with 6oz. of water:
- First steeping 30 seconds, increase 10 seconds next steeping for the smooth and sweeter taste.
- Keep increasing the steeping time to your personal preference of the taste for the rest of steeping.
- May be re-steeped multiple times.
- Use a porcelain or YiXing teapot.
- Drain completely and serve.
Enjoy your own experience to brew your own cup of Ya Sai!