250 grams (8.8oz) per mushroom.
- Elevation: Variable, 1400 Meters
- Varietal: Pu-erh large leaf
- Oxidation: 100% + Fermented
- Production: Shu fermentation
Said to resemble his trademark, mushroom-like hat, this remarkable tea was originally created as gift honoring the Panchen Lama of Tibet. We imagine he appreciated its ingenious artisanship as much as we do.
As this tea wakes up, its initial aroma and first steep comes off as a bit smoky and mesquite. The tea opens up beautifully into the most amazing creamy/malty quality - an incredibly rare find in a Pu-erh. Certainly, a Pu-erh deserving of its own dedicated Yixing pot.
- 4g or 1t | 8oz. @ 205˚F | 1 minute
- You may re-infuse 7 or more times
02/21 Tasting Notes:
The tea feels very dense in the mouth. Hints of eucalyptus when wet, with a subtle biscuit, yeast-like sweetness in the finish that complements the strong umame petrocore flavors in the front.